Saturday, November 9, 2013

Five Essential Oils For Your Classroom

I love my kinders, but I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. Another Kindergarten teacher gave me some samples of her DoTerra essential oils. I loved them! They replace the products in my room that are full of harsh chemicals, and they smell heavenly. Here are some ways you and your kiddos can benefit from five popular oils and oil blends. If you want to learn more, just click on any of the pictures. 



1. Lavender: Calming
Put a few drops on a cotton ball and place near a fan, or use a diffuser to spread the scent throughout the room. Put a drop in a squirt of unscented hand lotion.

2. Peppermint: Focus
Feel like you need a perk to get through the day? Rub just a small amount of peppermint oil on your wrist and sniff it. Ahhh! Peppermint on a cotton ball or in a diffuser also perks up your tired kids. Who doesn't love the smell of peppermint candy?!

3. On Guard: Immunity
I like to put just a drop in my water. I also love a drop in my ginger ale. You can also make your own hand sanitizer/lotion. Here's the recipe for hand sanitizer

4. Breathe: Stuffy-Nose Relief!
This is my very favorite oil blend (peppermint, lemon, eucalyptus, tea tree). If you have a dry, hot classroom keep this handy. You can just put a drop in some unscented hand lotion. The oil is on you, but everyone will smell it. You and your students will be able to breathe easier. 

5. Serenity: Calming
We all know that stress contributes to illness...and what teacher isn't stressed at the end of the day!? This blend has lavender, vanilla, sandalwood, and chamomile. Rub on a drop when you get in the car to go home, or put a drop in your bath.

I wish I could add a "scratch and sniff" button to my post because smelling is believing. If you want to learn more, just click on any of the pictures. I'd love to know if you've experienced positive results from essential oils in your classroom, so please leave a comment.

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I diffuse serenity and onguard in my kindergarten classroom everyday! If I forget to turn it on, I notice-quickly! Serenity works well for me because it helps calm my crazies and helps calm my nerves so they don't drive me crazy! Depending on the day, sometimes I add elevation or balance.

    ReplyDelete