Friday, January 24, 2014

100th Day=100 Laughs VIDEO!

I arrived at school looking like I as 100 years old. By the end of the day, I was feeling like I was 100 years old. Geesh! The kinder teachers probably laughed as much as we have all year long. Here is our special southern 100th day blessing to you…
Here are five random things about our week. I love linking up with the weekly Five for Friday with Doodle Bugs.

1. Frosty's Five Buttons Book
Here's a cool book to work on addition fluency to five. While the class was working on coloring and cutting "buttons," I called small groups over to read the word cards and complete the number sentences.



2. Lift-the-Flap Persuasive Writing Prompt
These prompts make a great writing center. I put them under the document camera so students can share. This persuasive  writing prompt says, "Frosty must go or he'll melt to the ground. Can you convince him to stay around?"
"We can build a snow castle and put him in it."
"I will take you to the north pole."
You can see more prompts here:

3. 100th Day Interactive Books
These kept the kiddos busy for a while. We colored in patterns to count by fives and tens.



4. Math Problem Solving
My smart kiddos are great at giving the answer to a math problem. I use these problems to make sure they can explain their thinking.



5. 100th Day Activities
This year we did some simple, oldie but goodie activities. The 100 items snack, 100 years self portrait, 100 exercises, and more.  Sometimes the ideas that worked with kids years ago are the best! 
"100 Cans" Andy Warhol
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Your video is great. : ) Looks like you did a lot of fun activities!
    ~Lucy at Kids Math Teacher

    ReplyDelete