Saturday, April 18, 2015

Bright Ideas: Planters as Paint Pots

When I worked for The Mailbox magazine, one of our most popular sections was "Our Teachers Write." It was simply quick tips from real teachers. (That was loooong before Pinterest or Instagram came about!) 

Anyway, I think that's why I like the Bright Ideas Link-Up so much. It's just fun to look at a big bunch of teacher tips. I know you'll find ideas to pin in this month's collection.

Here's my idea for April. This time of the year, you're likely to see small, inexpensive planters for herbs. I found this little set at a yard sale. This tray is just right for setting up a table for watercolor painting. I just fill small paper cups with water and put them in the pots. The try makes it less likely that the cups will tip over and spill on the masterpieces. You can see I've also used them for paint as well.



I'd be happy if you'd follow me on Facebook, Instagram or PinterestFor more bright ideas, please see the linky below. 



Follow on Bloglovin
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

5 comments:

  1. I want to find one just like that one! So simple!

    Sally from Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, Jayne! My kids are always knocking their paint and/or water cups over. Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this idea! I never would have thought of that! Thank you for sharing with us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I agree with Kelly (above), one time of them knocking over a cup of liquid watercolor was a enough. I'll be on the lookout for one of these!

    Amanda
    A Very Curious Class

    ReplyDelete